The actuarial team in Trustee Services provides a broad range of actuarial and defined benefits pension consultancy services to pension scheme trustees, scheme sponsors and other third parties. The role involves working with colleagues in BROADSTONE and other third parties.
Responsibilities may include those set out below.
- Liaising with BROADSTONE colleagues, external third party administrators and clients
- Attendance at some external meetings together with a senior colleague, or alone if agreed with the Actuarial Director / Client Relationship Manager
- Day to day responsibility for some client work, sometimes acting as main point of contact for client – by agreement with the Actuarial Director / Client Relationship Manager.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with BROADSTONE standards
- Carrying out and reviewing work in respect of pension schemes and individual members E.g. actuarial valuations, actuarial funding updates, actuarial factor reviews, transfer value basis reviews, accounting disclosures (primarily under IAS19 and FRS102), mergers, wind-ups, individual member calculations and other actuarial costings
- Involvement with preparation for new business pitches
- Suggesting changes to current working practices to improve operational efficiencies
- Keeping up to date with the latest technical developments and changes to legislation in the UK pensions environment
- Contributing to development of technical and / or operational activities within the Trustee Services team
- Developing skills of Actuarial Analysts and Pensions Technicians
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- Close to qualification as a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Strong knowledge of actuarial valuations and pension accounting standards
- Up to date with changes in UK pensions legislation and the UK pensions environment in general
- Highly numerate and literate
- Ability to readily absorb and communicate technical information clearly
- Strong team-working skills
- Computer literacy including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Achieve a good standard of ethical behaviour
- Comply with the firm's Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly Requirements
- Comply with the firm's regulatory obligations (as set out in the current Compliance Manual or bulletins issued from time to time)
- Engage and deal with other parties subject to approrpiate standards and in complaince with the requirements of The Bribery Act 2010